Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children - Angola (September 2019). 25 Sep 2019
- Mostly near-average conditions have been observed across West Africa during this past week.
- Heavy rain continues for portions of southern Ethiopia and Somalia, raising flooding concerns in East Africa.
1) Poorly distributed rainfall has resulted in drought, which has severely impacted ground conditions and already led to livestock death across parts of north-central and eastern Ethiopia.
The figures above reflect people internally displaced due to conflict based on IDMC monitoring in 2011, but does not include those internally displaced by other causes including natural disasters or development projects. The Kampala Convention comprehensively includes all causes of displacement.
Content Overview of reported outbreaks in the WHO African Region Based on data received from the Early Warning System through the Event Management System (EMS)*, 56 public health events were reported to the Regional Office covering the period January - August 2012 of which 89% were due to infectious diseases.
- Cholera in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia
- Cholera in DR Congo
- Cholera in Zambia
- Ebola in DR Congo
- Ebola in Uganda
Note: Map production date estimated
Instead of the usual depiction of conflicts as countrywide and defined by national boundaries, this map displays distinct conflict-affected areas in Africa as sub-national and transnational pockets of insecurity, violence, and armed aggression. Areas of conflict were drawn around locations of reported conflict incidents in 2007 and 2008, as well as concentrations of internally displaced persons and cross-border rebel bases and refugee camps in neighboring countries.
Note: Map production date estimated.