Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
A general overview of outbreaks that occurred within the WHO African Region between January and December 2013 is provided in this issue.
Overview of reported outbreaks in WHO African Region
Based on data received from the Event Management System (EMS)*, 72 public health events were reported to the Regional Office between January and December 2013, of which 89% (64 / 72) were due to infectious diseases; with cholera being the most frequently reported infectious event (33%). The distribution of these events is shown in figure 1 and 2 and table1.