Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
PORTO – The Global Fund applauds Portugal’s pledge of €750,000 to the Global Fund’s Sixth Replenishment, which is more than triple its previous commitment.
“The Portuguese Ministry of Health and Ministry of Foreign Affairs have the pleasure to announce this important contribution to a cause that is not only ours, but with which we feel committed to, because we are aware that solidarity and sharing efforts are key instruments to ensure more and better health for all, leaving no one behind,” said Dr. Raquel Duarte, Secretary of State for Health of Portugal.
The Global Fund has been investing in six of the lusophone countries - Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe, and Timor-Leste - since our inception in 2002. They have been strong advocates of increased resources for the fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Their sustained commitment, coupled with strategic partnerships and increased domestic financing, has led to transformative results.