Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
Luanda - Five 40-foot containers with food and building materials bound for Cabo Verde hit by a volcanic eruption on the archipelago's Fogo Island are being loaded since Thursday onto the Angolan Navy's Rio Mbridge ship, in Luanda, Angop learnt.
The 51 ton-relief include corn flour, rice, beans, sausage, cooking salt and cooking oil, as well as building material comprising zinc sheets, rods and tubes.
The ship is expected to reach Cape Verde within 15 days.
Luanda - The Angolan head of State José Eduardo dos Santos has instructed the Government to immediately send humanitarian relief aid to Cabo Verde hit by a volcanic eruption on the archipelago?s Fogo Island.
The information is contained in a press release that reached Angop on Thursday, stating that the president’s decision follows an appeal from the Cabo Verde’s authorities.
The aid includes civil protection equipment, foodstuffs and construction materials.