Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
The Chã das Caldeiras area has been evacuated following the eruption of Pico Fogo Volcano on 23 November an access restricted since 7 December by Civil Protection authorities due to increased volcanic activity.
Updated figures indicate 1076 persons have been displaced and are currently housed in temporary accommodation centers, shelter units built after the 1995 eruption, and with host families.
The contingency plan for the possible evacuation of Cutelo Alto and Fonsaco areas was completed.
Luanda - Five 40-foot containers with food and building materials bound for Cabo Verde hit by a volcanic eruption on the archipelago's Fogo Island are being loaded since Thursday onto the Angolan Navy's Rio Mbridge ship, in Luanda, Angop learnt.
The 51 ton-relief include corn flour, rice, beans, sausage, cooking salt and cooking oil, as well as building material comprising zinc sheets, rods and tubes.
The ship is expected to reach Cape Verde within 15 days.