Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 40 cases of polio recorded in Angola. 18 Nov 2019
- UN RC Angola: United Nations supports voluntary repatriation of refugees to DR Congo. 14 Nov 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
En octobre 2018 l’Angola a entrepris l’expulsion des migrants se trouvant sur son territoire contribuant au refoulement de près de 362 097 congolais entre le 1er octobre et le 10 novembre. La majeure partie de ces personnes ont été expulsées vers le Kasaï en République Démocratique du Congo, province affectée en 2016 par un violent conflit ayant entrainé la dégradation d’une situation sanitaire et sociale déjà difficile.
In the morning of Monday the 15 October 2018, the region of Kasai in the Democratic Republic of Congo, was faced with a fast-developing humanitarian situation following the expulsion of more than 257,872 Congolese from Angola between 1st and 15th October 2018.
Luanda, 17 July 2018 – 17 years ago, I visited the Jesuits in Angola. On our way to a retreat house site outside Luanda, we stopped at Viana, a rural area where JRS was working with refugees from Rwanda and Congo and Angolans displaced by civil war.
17 years later, I visit Viana again. In 2018, Viana is now part of sprawling Luanda, a poor, mixed community of Angolans and refugees. JRS is still there.
Senior chief in Angola’s Lunda Norte province speaks about refugee crisis in his country
“I feel honoured by the government´s decision to host the refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in my area” says Francisco Muhangenu (50), a senior chief of Lunda Norte Province, Angola, standing between his fellow chiefs during a traditional ritual for blessing the refugee camp site. “We are the same people despite the border line which has separated us.”
Overview: This document presents Asylum Seekers population statistics of Congolese recently pre-registred in the provincial capital of Dundo and surroundings in Lunda Norte Province. The complex emergency in Kasai Central Province in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) began with the violent uprising of a local militia (Kamuina Nsapu) in August 2016. Since then the crisis has spread to provinces of Kasai, Eastern Kasai and Lomami.
Geneva, 06 June 2012