Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- ECHO: Angola - Flash floods update (Civil Protection of Angola, NOAA-CPC, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 08 January 2020). 10 Jan 2020
- ECHO: Angola - Flash flood (Government of Angola, FloodList, NOAA-CPC, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 08 January 2020). 8 Jan 2020
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Civil protection prepares new approach to disaster. 10 Jan 2020
Snapshot 17 June - 24 June 2013
Snapshot 10 June - 17 June 2013
In Syria, the Syrian Government forces captured Qusayr, a strategic city in Homs province connecting the capital to the Mediterranean coast. Forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad were reported to have killed at least 100 people who fled the town of Qusayr after it was captured by army troops on 9 June. The UN and the ICRC have requested humanitarian access to Qusayr, but this request was turned down by the Syrian Government despite winning assurances of access earlier in the week.
Snapshot 27 May – 03 June
In Syria, the government military continued its offensive on opposition-controlled Qusayr, a strategic city in Homs province connecting the capital to the Mediterranean coast. Humanitarian agencies expressed alarm over the fate of thousands of civilians still trapped in the city. The UN estimates that over 6.8 million people are in need of humanitarian aid in Syria. While an estimated 5 million people are internally displaced, the number of Syrians registered or awaiting registration in host countries has surpassed 1.6 million.
Snapshot 21 - 27 May 2013
Snapshot 13 – 21 May