Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Angola and UNHCR to create refugee database. 18 Feb 2020
- Govt. Angola: 125 suspected land mines in Cuanza Norte identified. 18 Feb 2020
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- Thomson Reuters Foundation: Cheap as bread, girls sell sex to survive crisis in Africa. 31 Jan 2020
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
In Syria, the regime’s offensive on Homs governorate and city is on-going with artillery and air strikes, displacing 400,000 and leaving an estimated 2,500 and 4,000 civilians trapped in and around the city. Some 2 million people in Government-controlled areas in Aleppo are affected by a siege of opposition forces that is blocking food and medicines from entering several areas. While the UN and the Red Cross have called for a truce during the month of Ramadan, the cease-fire was rejected by the Government.
In Syria, the regime’s offensive on Homs governorate and city is on-going with artillery and air strikes being reported. An estimated, 2,500 and 4,000 civilians are allegedly trapped in and around the city. Meanwhile, the number of Syrian refugees in neighboring countries continues to increase and is now approaching 1.75 million people according to UNHCR.