Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
Imagine waking up one morning to help your family get ready for the day, and winding up in a hospital miles and miles away without your right leg.
This is only the beginning of the story of Clementina Caj, 44, from the province of Lunda Sul in Angola as well as that of thousands of landmine survivors in Africa and around the world.
While she and her husband were asleep one night six years ago, one of the warring factions in the country's 27-year civil war, the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA), planted landmines near their home.