Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
21/12/2012 - The European Commission is allocating €15 million from the 10th European Development Fund (EDF) to help the most vulnerable people affected by persistent drought in the Southern African countries of Angola, Lesotho, Malawi and Zimbabwe. The new funding brings the Commission's humanitarian aid in the region to €33 million for this year.
MAJOR CHANGES SINCE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE HIP
i. First modification, 27 February 2012
In early 2012, the repartition of the budget between the Humanitarian Aid Budget Line and the Food Aid Budget Line was reconsidered in order to fund the Actions' proposals which were submitted to DG ECHO. A transfer of EUR 0.5 million from the Humanitarian Aid Budget Line to the Food Aid Budget Line was decided. The total allocation of the HIP remained at EUR 10 million with EUR 6.5 million from the Humanitarian Aid Budget Line and EUR 3.5 million from the Food Aid Budget Line.