Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- OCHA: UN Resident Coordinator calls for urgent support to Angola to address rising humanitarian needs [EN/PT]. 9 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- Govt. Angola: Vaccination against polio kicks off. 13 Dec 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
An earthquake with magnitude 5.6 has hit South Khorasan province in Iran, killing at least eight people and injuring 12. As of 6 December, no further information on the impact is available. Typhoon Bopha has made landfall in the southern Philippines on 4 December, carrying winds of up to 160 kilometres an hour. More than 294,000 people have been affected in seven provinces, according to Government estimates. Severe rains have affected at least 6,500 people in Panama, prompting the Government of Panama to declare a state of emergency for the regions of La Chorrera, Capira and Colón.
Storm Bopha is heading toward southern Philippines as thousands of people are evacuating in high-risk areas. The storm is expected to intensify to a typhoon and will make landfall in Northern Mindanao late on Tuesday night. Severe rains have affected at least 6,500 people in Panama prompting the Government of Panama to declare a state of emergency for the regions of La Chorrera, Capira and Colón.
The situation in Syria continues to deteriorate, with heavy fighting in Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, Deir al-Zor, Deraa as well as Idlib and Hama provinces.