Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
Southern Mauritania remains abnormally dry as heavy rainfall persists in several parts of Africa
Southern Mauritania has been abnormally dry for the past three months. Recovery before the end of the season is unlikely.
Flash flooding was reported in central Senegal last week. Continued heavy rainfall is likely to maintain high risk for flooding.
Central Nigeria has experienced significant flooding over the past two weeks and remains at risk for continued flooding next week.
- The present report is submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 2463 (2019), in which the Council requested me to report to it every six months on the implementation of the commitments under the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Region. It provides an overview of peace and security developments in the Great Lakes region since the issuance of my previous report (S/2019/229) and covers the period from 1 March to 31 August 2019.
Point 63 de l’ordre du jour provisoire
Rapport du Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, questions relatives aux réfugiés, aux rapatriés et aux déplacés et questions humanitaires
This figure includes Voluntary Repatriation from Kenya (84,558) and Assisted Spontaneous returnees from Yemen (4,414) as well as 1,395 returnees from other countries such as Djibouti (801), Libya (406), Sudan (143), Eritrea (34), Angola, Tunisia, Gambia, Pakistan, Cambodia and others. Somali refugees from these or other countries who return spontaneously without assistance from the UNHCR are not included.
90,225 refugee returnees (2014 - 2019)
This figure includes voluntary repatriation from Kenya (84,428) and Assisted Spontaneous returnees from Yemen (4,414) as well as 1,383 returnees from other countries such as Djibouti (801), Libya (394), Sudan (143), Eritrea (34), Pakistan, Gambia, Angola, Cambodia and others. Somali refugees from these or other countries who return spontaneously without assistance from the UNHCR are not included.
Zhihui Li, Linda Richter, Chunling Lu
Background Little is known about the patterns of development assistance (DA) for each component of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) in conflict-affected countries nor about the DA allocation in relation to the burden of disease.
Le 11 juin, une réunion transfrontalière a eu lieu entre les Gouvernements du Burundi et de la RDC, ainsi que le HCR, à Uvira, SudKivu. La réunion a discuté du rapatriement des réfugiés burundais vivant en RDC, dans l’attente de la signature d’un Accord Tripartite.
Depuis le 6 juin, une flambée de violences a donné lieu à des déplacements massifs en Province de l’Ituri. Le HCR et OIM ont noté plus de 110.000 nouvelles arrivées dans les sites de PDI entre le 31 mai et le 20 juin. De plus, 8.647 personnes ont fui vers l’Ouganda en juin.