Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 40 cases of polio recorded in Angola. 18 Nov 2019
- UN RC Angola: United Nations supports voluntary repatriation of refugees to DR Congo. 14 Nov 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
LOANGO, SUD DU CONGO, 11 novembre 2014 (IRIN) - Alors que plusieurs centaines de soldats appartenant aux États membres de la Communauté économique des États de l’Afrique centrale (CEEAC) viennent de mener à bien une série de manœuvres et d’exercices conjoints au Congo, l’organisation indique que la Force multinationale de l’Afrique centrale (FOMAC) est maintenant prête à intervenir dans les conflits locaux et à prendre part aux opérations antiterroristes à travers le monde.
- The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Initiative (RWSSI) was launched in 2003 with the strategic goal of achieving full access to safe, adequate and affordable water supply and sanitation for rural areas in Africa by 2025. The RWSSI targets for 2015 are aligned with the MDG targets of 70% and 62% access to water supply and sanitation, respectively. This report updates stake holders on the progress made in 2013.
Activities reflect African priorities, including youth employment and nutrition
25 June 2014, Malabo, Equatorial Guinea– The FAO-managed Africa Solidarity Trust Fund today gave a green light to four new, continent-spanning projects at a ceremony during the African Union Summit, being held here this week.
The President of Equatorial Guinea, Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, a key supporter of the fund, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon, and FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva were in attendance.
30 April 2014 – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed Abdoulaye Bathily of Senegal as the head of the United Nations political office tasked with helping to consolidate peace and prevent conflict in the Central African region.
Challenge is to transform vision into reality, Director-General says
31 January 2014, Addis Ababa/Rome - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today welcomed a breakthrough commitment by African heads of state to end hunger on the continent by 2025.