Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
A UMNS Report
By Linda Bloom*
United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton keeps a $10 bill in his pocket so he can demonstrate how little money it takes to protect an African household from malaria.
But the roving ambassador for the denomination's involvement in the Nothing But Nets project, a joint effort with the United Nations Foundations and other groups, has a much larger goal than the millions of bed nets that have been sent to Africa.
Bickerton, who is chairperson of the Global Health Initiative for the United Methodist Council of Bishops, seeks nothing less than the …
A recent meeting of bishops and United Methodist health care leaders in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, has led to major capacity-building efforts throughout the Central Conferences in Africa through the assistance and support of the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
Extracted from UMCOR Hotline 26 Jul 2002
Extracted from UMCOR Hotline 21 Jun 2002
UMCOR continues to work with the United Methodist Church in Angola as they reach out to thousands of people that have been displaced by war in the countryside and have flocked to the cities. A recent UMCOR grant will be used to support an agricultural project for a community of displaced people. You may join in this ministry by giving to Angola War Recovery, Advance #105720-5.