Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 8, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- At least 214 people were killed by devastating floods in Southern Africa since the beginning of January, according to a report released here on Thursday.
The flooding is also causing a marked increase in cholera cases in some areas. The most affected countries are Angola, Mozambique and Zambia.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said that they are increasing their support to Red Cross National Societies in southern Africa and releasing additional funds as a response to the disasters.
HARARE, Aug 27, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Meeting of health ministers from the southern African countries ended here on Tuesday afternoon, during which they examined the response of the health sector to the acute and large-scale humanitarian crisis facing the region.
The ministers demanded scientific assurance that genetically modified food is safe for human consumption.
Some 13 million people in southern Africa are in need of urgent food aid.
DURBAN, South Africa, Jul 6, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Organization of African Unity (OAU) has granted more than 1.7 million US dollars in humanitarian assistance to 13 member states in the past six months, according to an OAU report here on Saturday.