Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- UN RC Angola: United Nations supports voluntary repatriation of refugees to DR Congo. 14 Nov 2019
- Govt. Angola: Second stage of polio vaccination kicks off. 15 Nov 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought combat intensifies Friday in Cunene. 15 Nov 2019
Emergencies, in the form of natural disasters and new or protracted conflict, continued to extract a toll on the lives of children and women around the world. Massive flooding in the Horn of Africa and the multiple typhoons in South Asia were typical of the ever more frequent occurrence of floods, typhoons and earthquakes that have affected thousands of families in 2006. While in Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the occupied Palestinian territory, Sri Lanka and the Sudan, women and children continue to be impacted by the reverberating crossfire of conflict.
Les situations d'urgence, qu'elles prennent la forme de catastrophes naturelles ou de conflits, continuent d'avoir des conséquences dramatiques sur la vie des enfants et des femmes dans le monde. Les inondations massives dans la Corne de l'Afrique et les nombreux typhons en Asie du Sud illustrent la multiplication sans précédent des catastrophes naturelles qui ont touché des milliers de familles en 2006.
This week's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Education, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Mine Action, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items, Water & Sanitation
(B) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Djibouti (3) Ethiopia (4) Kenya (5) Rwanda Somalia (7) Sudan (8) Tanzania (9) Uganda
(C) West Africa: (1) Cote d'Ivoire (2) Liberia (3) Niger
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Angola (2) Lesotho (3) Malawi (4) Mozambique (5) Namibia …
This week 's report covers the following sectors: Agriculture, Food, Health, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter & Non-food items, Water & Santitation