Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Angola supports Congolese refugees. 21 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Ministers assess situation of Congolese refugees. 19 Aug 2019
- US DOS: Angola’s Path Forward for Security and Economic Development: Weapons Management and Humanitarian Demining. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Polio vaccination reaches over 500,000 children - Official. 19 Aug 2019
Photos are available for download here: http://uni.cf/1U26L1e
LONDON/MBABANE, Swaziland 8 JUNE 2016 – UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham travelled to Swaziland this week to see how 7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund is helping UNICEF to support and protect HIV-positive children. During his visit Beckham heard and saw how the worst drought in decades - now taking hold of vast swathes of Eastern and Southern Africa - is threatening to wreak havoc on the lives of children and families already made vulnerable by HIV.
Situation Overview: HIV and AIDS
The SADC region accounts for some of the highest HIV prevalence levels in the world. An estimated 14.6 million people in the region, are living with HIV. Women account for more than 50% of those living with HIV in the region.
This appeal seeks CHF 25,489,509 (USD 22,799,203 or EUR 15,448,187) to fund the planned programmes that are to be implemented in 2008-2009.
The Southern Africa region faces enormous humanitarian challenges, which have eroded livelihood the coping mechanisms for most people in the region. The human and social cost of these disasters in terms of life and property loss as well as the disruption of communities and livelihood has placed a considerable strain on the social fabric of the affected areas and the ability to recover and further develop.