Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
by Tim Chigodo in Harare
Luanda - A group of intellectuals have announced that they would join Angola's main peace movement, amid reports of continuing violence against civilians in the war-torn country.
The group, called the Group for Reflection on Peace GRP, said last week that it would be joining forces with two other groups: the Angolan Group for Reflection on Peace GARP and the Group for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace GAP.
GARP and GAP merged in August in an effort to become more effective in their search for a peaceful solution to the civil war which has ravaged …
JOHANNESBURG (AANA) March 15 - Angolan authorities last Saturday said more than 600 people had been killed in Malanje since November when the country's warring parties resumed fighting.
Washington DC - The following is the announcement of a newly published book entitled "Angola: Promises And Lies" by Karl Maier, who has reported from Angola and Nigeria for Africa News Service and other news organizations:
In 1992 Africa's longest and bloodiest civil war seemed to be coming to an end. Angola, once the battleground for a proxy war between the Cold War superpowers, was to become a symbol of a peaceful new world order, touted by the United Nations as an exemplary model of transition from armed conflict to democracy.