Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
The school in Luzi, a landmine-contaminated community of 1,700 people in Moxico Province, has been closed since early 2010 when a mine accident was reported nearby.
One of the teachers has been giving classes outside his home in the meantime, but attendance has dropped by almost 70 per cent.
One mother told a MAG Angola Community Liaison team: “There is no school. I need my daughter here to work and, if we do not have a proper school for her to learn in, why should my family suffer without her help at home?”