Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
The school in Luzi, a landmine-contaminated community of 1,700 people in Moxico Province, has been closed since early 2010 when a mine accident was reported nearby.
One of the teachers has been giving classes outside his home in the meantime, but attendance has dropped by almost 70 per cent.
One mother told a MAG Angola Community Liaison team: “There is no school. I need my daughter here to work and, if we do not have a proper school for her to learn in, why should my family suffer without her help at home?”