Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
By Kennedy Abwao, PANA Correspondent
Mombasa, Kenya (PANA) - African education ministers kicked off a three-day meeting in Kenya's seaside resort of Mombasa Monday with a plea to the world's richest economies to dedicate at least one percent of their US$1.4 trillion military expenditure to help fight illiteracy in Africa, blamed for fueling conflicts.
Kenya's Education Minister, Prof. Sam Ongeri, told African education ministers meeting here 14-16 Sept.
By Fred Cawanda, PANA Correspondent
Mombasa, Kenya (PANA) - Delegates from several African countries in conflict or post-conflict situation started jetting into Kenya's southeastern seaport city of Mombasa Sunday evening for a 14-16 Sept.
Blantyre, Malawi (PANA) - The World Food Programme (WFP) said Thursday it was embarking on an emergency food distribution to refugees at a holding camp in Dzaleka, some 40 km outside the Malawi capital, Lilongwe.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - The Nigerian government Wednesday gave Zambia 92,000 US dollars to help it cope with refugees in the country.
KIGALI, Rwanda (PANA) - Africa's human rights situation is continuing to arouse a great deal of concern in several countries, noted the 26th ordinary session of the African Commission of Human and Peoples' Rights (ACHPR) which ended on Monday in Kigali.
CAIRO, Egypt (PANA) - The Day of the African Refugee was observed Sunday amid hopes by continent's people for a quick and adequate solution to the prevailing problems affecting refugees and stateless people.