Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, August 2019. 18 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
The Government decided today to commission
the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) to contribute
a total of SEK 80 million to the 2003 UN appeal for Angola. The UN appeal
includes support for food safety measures, health care, protection and
education for people in need, as well as security measures and coordination
of humanitarian operations.
The Secretary-General's Special Representative in Angola, Ibrahim Gambari, declared on 21 November that Angola is now at peace.
"I warmly welcome the agreement on a cease-fire which was signed today between the Angolan government and the UNITA guerrilla," the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Ms Anna Lindh, says. "Peace finally appears to be within reach in Angola."
The 1994 Lusaka peace agreement will now be fully implemented. This means the UNITA guerrilla army will be disarmed and integrated into society. Furthermore, broad participation in political life will be encouraged in preparation for a general election.