Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Hepatitis outbreak tops 1 600 confirmed cases. 21 Nov 2019
- MAG: MAG co-hosts meeting looking at how to achieve the Landmine Free 2025 promise for Angola. 21 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 40 cases of polio recorded in Angola. 18 Nov 2019
New Global Report Finds Child Soldiers In Over 20 Conflicts Worldwide
LONDON - Governments are undermining progress in ending the use of children as soldiers, said a coalition of the world's leading human rights and humanitarian organizations in a newly published report.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today released the most comprehensive global survey of child soldiers to date.
The Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers today called on African governments and armed groups to implement commitments to stop child soldiering. "The Day of the African Child is not only a celebration of progress towards child rights; it is also a time to remember the tens of thousands of child soldiers caught up in conflicts across Africa," said Casey Kelso, Coalition coordinator.