Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, August 2019. 18 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
Parts of Southern Africa have experienced their lowest rainfall since 1981, while others have endured the destruction of cyclones Idai and Kenneth, causing food insecurity, malnutrition and disease to increase in multiple countries. Despite improvements in Madagascar and Malawi, there are now 9.2 million severely food insecure people in the region and this figure is expected to grow to 12 million at the peak of the lean season (October-March).
The Global Humanitarian Overview published on 4 December announced funding requirements of $21.9 billion for 21 Humanitarian Response Plans and the Venezuela Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan. By the end of May, the requirements had reached $26.42 billion. The change in requirements since last month is mainly due to the finalization of the Sudan HRP ($1.15 billion) and a $103.7 million increase for Mozambique.
329,900 people impacted by floods / cyclones in 2018
8,033 cholera cases (since Jan 2018)
24 regions with active cholera outbreaks
898,000 refugees and asylum seekers hosting in the region