Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
Snapshot 13-19 August
Yemen: The 9 August Al Jawf ceasefire has been broken. Access to people affected by the conflict in Al Jawf is extremely limited due to persistent insecurity, and it is very difficult to obtain information. Almost 3,000 people have died in violence since the National Dialogue Conference took place on 25 January.
Snapshot 6 - 12 August
Central African Republic: The CAR President Catherine Samba-Panza named a Muslim as the new Prime Minister. Renewed clashes have displaced 20,000 people in Batafango (Ouham) since July and 17,000 people in Bambari (Ouaka) since June. A total of 890 security incidents were recorded in 2014, hampering humanitarian access.
In its resolution 60/124 of December 2005, the General Assembly of the United Nations sought to remedy two problems that had bedevilled UN efforts to deliver humanitarian assistance in a timely and effective manner.
(A) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: 1) Iraq, 2) Afghanistan, 3) Albania, 4) Azerbaijan
(B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(C) West Africa Region: (1) Sahel region (2) Chad, (3) Guinea Bissau, (4) Sierra Leone, (5) Guinea, (6) Liberia, (7) Cote D'Ivoire
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zimbabwe