Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: At least 108 thousand kilometres of roads cleared of landmines. 17 Aug 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July 2019. 7 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 29 July 2019. 8 Aug 2019
- UNHCR: Government & UNHCR cooperation on health to affected populations: Case of Lunda Norte, Angola. 8 Aug 2019
Imagine waking up one morning to help your family get ready for the day, and winding up in a hospital miles and miles away without your right leg.
This is only the beginning of the story of Clementina Caj, 44, from the province of Lunda Sul in Angola as well as that of thousands of landmine survivors in Africa and around the world.
While she and her husband were asleep one night six years ago, one of the warring factions in the country's 27-year civil war, the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA), planted landmines near their home.