Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
AFGHANITSTAN: PROVIDING WARMTH
In Afghanistan, where vast numbers lack even basic shelter and electricity, winter can be a deadly season. In Paktya and Wardak Provinces families will have an easier time this year thanks to UMCOR Afghanistan's winterization program. The program seeks the most vulnerable families in areas where UMCOR serves and provides them with blankets, a stove, and firewood to fuel the stove.
Gifts to Love in the Midst of Tragedy, Advance #901125-3 continue to be used to provide relief both within the United States and for the people of Afghanistan. Through Church World Service, UMCOR has helped distribute 2500 shelter kits in central Afghanistan. These kits include a family-sized tent, ground cloth, plastic sheeting, and blankets. Three thousand additional shelter kits are being delivered to displaced people in the Jalalabad region. UMCOR is also supporting an emergency quilt project among refugee women in Quetta, Pakistan.