Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children - Angola (September 2019). 25 Sep 2019
Point 63 de l’ordre du jour provisoire
Rapport du Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, questions relatives aux réfugiés, aux rapatriés et aux déplacés et questions humanitaires
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 69/325.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2015
Sixty-sixth General Assembly
38th Meeting (PM)
Refugee Head Says Humanitarian Crisis in Horn of Africa ‘Worst I Have Seen’; In Such Challenging Circumstances ‘We Must Recognize Our Shared Responsibility’
The twenty-first century was “proving to be a century of people on the move”, and innovative approaches were needed to address new patterns of forced displacement, the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian, Cultural) was told today by the head of the United Nations refugee agency.
38e séance - après-midi
Avec de nouvelles formes de déplacement dans un monde où la croissance démographique et l’augmentation de la mobilité, conjuguées à une multitude de facteurs sociaux, économiques, politiques, environnementaux et liés aux droits de l’homme, entraînent des mouvements de population, « le XXIe siècle est le siècle de la mobilité humaine », a déclaré aujourd’hui, devant la Troisième Commission, le Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, M. Antonio Guterres.
Sixty-second General Assembly
41st & 42nd Meetings (AM & PM)
Red Cross Cautions against Preferential Treatment For Displaced People over Other Categories of Victims
As the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) today concluded its review of the right of peoples to self-determination, this afternoon, acting without a vote, it approved a draft resolution, as orally amended, that would have the General Assembly designate an international year for human rights learning, commencing 10 December 2008.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.