Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Humanitarian Action for Children - Angola (September 2019). 25 Sep 2019
Instead of the usual depiction of conflicts as countrywide and defined by national boundaries, this map displays distinct conflict-affected areas in Africa as sub-national and transnational pockets of insecurity, violence, and armed aggression. Areas of conflict were drawn around locations of reported conflict incidents in 2007 and 2008, as well as concentrations of internally displaced persons and cross-border rebel bases and refugee camps in neighboring countries.
Earthquake Intensity Zones in Africa
This map shows earthquake intensity zones in accordance with the 1956 version of the Modified Mercalli Scale (MM), describing the effects of an earthquake on the surface of the earth and integrating numerous parameters such as ground acceleration, duration of an earthquake, and subsoil effects. It also includes historical earthquake reports.
Note: Map production date estimated.