Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at Four-Months Lead: April – June 2006
Northern Horn of Africa
Climatology is expected across most of the region, except locally over northwestern and southwestern Sudan, where there is a slight tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall. There is a slight tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall locally over eastern Ethiopia, northern Somalia, and portions of Djibouti. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Gulf of Guinea
Update of El Niño:
Synopsis: ENSO-neutral or weak La Niña conditions are likely during the next 6-9 months.
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at One Month Lead:
December 2005 – February 2006 Forecasts for Southern Africa:
June-August 2005 Forecasts
There is a low to moderate tilt in the odds favoring above normal across central Sahel from western Mali into central Niger. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Northern Horn of Africa:
The outlook for June-August 2005 at four months lead calls for a slight tilt in the odds favoring above normal rainfall over portions of northern and central Ethiopia. Climatology is expected elsewhere.
Gulf of Guinea Region: