Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- OCHA: UN Resident Coordinator calls for urgent support to Angola to address rising humanitarian needs [EN/PT]. 9 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Vaccination against polio kicks off. 13 Dec 2019
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
Snapshot 1–7 July 2015
Syria: Civilian deaths made up 81% of the total death toll in June, which was 2,137, bringing the total number of people killed so far in 2015 to 11,000. 705,000 people have been displaced in the first five months of this year: 439,000 were internally displaced, and the vast majority of the rest fled to Turkey.
Snapshot 24–30 June 2015
Burundi: Turnout at the parliamentary elections was low. Voting stations were targeted and there was a spate of grenade attacks in the capital: several people were injured. Around 1,000 Burundians are leaving the country every day: 62,000 refugees are now in Tanzania, 45,000 in Rwanda, and 10,600 in DRC.
South Sudan: Households in some areas of Unity and Upper Nile states are suspected to be facing Catastrophe (IPC Phase 5) food security outcomes. 5–8% of the country’s population are suffering severe acute malnutrition.