Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
In Lovua Settlement, MDM is currently using the following intervention points/places: MSF’s Health Clinic; Group Activities: provisionally within UNICEF tents and outreach in the villages. In terms of casemanagement, some three cases were identified and supported during the reporting period, all related to emotional stress. Training on alternative group activities for refugee youth and team building activities. In terms of outreach, daily visit to the different villages in view to inform the community on available services and staff.
Overall, there were not major changes in the feeding practices before leaving DRC and after arriving in Angola; the major difference was seen in the number of meals and variety of complementary foods provided to the infants and children.
Mothers seem aware of the importance of breastfeeding, and early initiation of breastfeeding is the common practice among refugees.
PSYCHOSOCIAL COUNSELING PROVIDED
Short Workshop: Balanced Couples Relationships (BCR), provided for two Angolan
Individual Emotional Support and Counselling to RDC Refugees:
15.08.17 Male, adult - Traumatic Reallocation (45’)
15.08.17 Female, adult - Traumatic Reallocation (30’)
16.08.17 Male, adult - Emotional Support (30’)
16.08.17 Female, adult - Emotional Support (40’)
31.08.17 Male adult - Stress/Insomnia intervention (30’)