Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
In Lovua Settlement, MDM is currently using the following intervention points/places: MSF’s Health Clinic; Group Activities: provisionally within UNICEF tents and outreach in the villages. In terms of casemanagement, some three cases were identified and supported during the reporting period, all related to emotional stress. Training on alternative group activities for refugee youth and team building activities. In terms of outreach, daily visit to the different villages in view to inform the community on available services and staff.
Overall, there were not major changes in the feeding practices before leaving DRC and after arriving in Angola; the major difference was seen in the number of meals and variety of complementary foods provided to the infants and children.
Mothers seem aware of the importance of breastfeeding, and early initiation of breastfeeding is the common practice among refugees.
PSYCHOSOCIAL COUNSELING PROVIDED
Short Workshop: Balanced Couples Relationships (BCR), provided for two Angolan
Individual Emotional Support and Counselling to RDC Refugees:
15.08.17 Male, adult - Traumatic Reallocation (45’)
15.08.17 Female, adult - Traumatic Reallocation (30’)
16.08.17 Male, adult - Emotional Support (30’)
16.08.17 Female, adult - Emotional Support (40’)
31.08.17 Male adult - Stress/Insomnia intervention (30’)