Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Ministers assess situation of Congolese refugees. 19 Aug 2019
- US DOS: Angola’s Path Forward for Security and Economic Development: Weapons Management and Humanitarian Demining. 19 Aug 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola supports Congolese refugees. 21 Aug 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July 2019. 7 Aug 2019
The month of October saw the highest number of Start Fund awarded responses in one single month. From awarding responses to cross-border displacement in Ecuador and Peru to anticipating a volcanic eruption in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) it was the highest alerting and activated month in the history of the Start Fund, where 13 alerts from 15 were activated. In comparison, the previous highest alerting month which was August 2016 had 11 alerts, of which 7 were activated.
Over 257,800 people have returned from northeastern Angola to the greater Kasai region of DRC since 1 October. During displacement, DRC nationals have experienced violence and human rights abuses, and many have arrived with almost nothing. Food, medical, protection and shelter interventions are required, as the host communities in greater Kasai were themselves already facing severe food insecurity and a cholera outbreak.
Anticipated scope and scale