Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, August 2019. 18 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
At the end of the Kimberley Process summit on conflict diamonds, international aid agency ActionAid expressed disappointment that no agreement was reached over instituting a system of regular monitoring to prevent potential abuses of the scheme to halt the trade in illicitly mined diamonds.
Campaigners representing a broad coalition of lobbyists and development agencies today gave a cautious welcome to the proposed launch of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme on conflict diamonds on January 1, 2003. However, they reiterated their concerns over the diamond industry's lack of accountability.