Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
Aid agencies have called on the Australian Government to provide more funds for urgent food relief to counter a humanitarian disaster unfolding in southern Africa. They have also asked the Australian community to dig deep in supporting current emergency appeals.
Luanda/Sydney, May 20 - A new exploratory
mission by international aid organisation Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors
Without Borders) has revealed yet another famine-stricken
region of Angola, in which thousands
of people are now close to death. The organisation believes that the humanitarian
crisis in the African country is one of the worst that it has seen in many years.