Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, August 2019. 18 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
(BOSTON) Today, human rights and humanitarian groups called on the jewelers of America to join them in severing the link between diamonds and conflict in Africa.
In anticipation of next week's meeting of the World Diamond Congress in Antwerp, Belgium, a coalition of 58 American human rights, humanitarian, development, peace, academic, and religious groups, released a letter today calling on the international diamond industry to cease dealing "conflict diamonds." Conflict diamonds are primary sources of revenue for abusive insurgent armies in Africa, the most prominent diamond-reliant groups being the Revolutionary United Front (RUF) in Sierra Leone and Angola's Unita rebels.