Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
By Peter Apps
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 2 (Reuters) - Africa's farmers have produced more than expected despite locust plagues and drought, but that is cold comfort to the continent's countless refugees with no cash to pay, or aid agencies whose funding has dried up.
"We are looking at a very serious situation," United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) spokesman Ramin Rafirasme, told Reuters from Senegal.
The WFP says it saw donations for Africa vanish almost completely in January, after the tsunami that devastated the Indian Ocean region, forcing it to cut back on how …