Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
By CHRISTABEL LIGAMI Special Correspondent
The African Medical Research Foundation (Amref) has partnered with health ministries to execute the three-year programme.
The three-year campaign dubbed “Stand up for African mothers,” aims at training midwives and create awareness about maternal deaths in the region.
Lennie Bazira, the Amref Kenya country director, said currently one skilled midwife is able to provide care for 500 mothers every year and safely deliver 100 babies.
NAIROBI, Feb 1, 2006 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- An eleven-nation summit on restoring stability to Africa's Great Lakes region, earlier scheduled for December, 2005 in Kenya, will now take place in August due to scheduled elections in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United Nations announced here on Wednesday.
The summit in the Kenyan capital was to be held on December 15 and 16, 2005, but was put off until later this year, Ibrahim Fall, Special Representative of the Secretary General for the Great Lakes Region, told a news conference in Nairobi.
U N I T E D N A T I O N S
Department of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network
for Central and Eastern Africa
Tel: +254 2 622147
Fax: +254 2 622129
(Friday 21 November 1997)
TANZANIA: UN envoy hits out at arms embargo proposal