Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
By Petronella Sibeene
WINDHOEK - Minister of Health and Social Services Dr Richard Kamwi says he plans to employ seven refugee nurses from Osire Refugee Camp as his ministry strives to beef up its skeleton health personnel at the camp where thousands of refugees from different African countries are housed.
The move is also aimed at employing qualified nurses whose skills are being wasted for the simple reason that they are in a refugee camp.
The seven are a mixture of Angolan and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) nationals currently not employed given their refugee status in the …