Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- OCHA: UN Resident Coordinator calls for urgent support to Angola to address rising humanitarian needs [EN/PT]. 9 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- Govt. Angola: Second tranche of food aid already in Cunene. 11 Dec 2019
- Amnesty: Angola: Security forces violently disperse pro-independence march. 11 Dec 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update As of 09 December, 2019. 11 Dec 2019
GENEVA, Jan 19 2018 (IOM) - IOM, the UN Migration Agency, is appealing for nearly USD 1.4 billion to address the needs of over 80 million people in 50 countries in 2018. These vital funds will support people displaced within the borders of their own countries, migrants, refugees and the communities that host them, people returning to their areas of origin and people experiencing or recovering from conflict and natural disasters.
Director of School for a Culture of Peace
?? In the Philippines, the MILF abandoned its request for independence for certain regions of Mindanao and instead agreed to create a sub-state or an autonomous republic.
?? In Kosovo, the International Court of Justice handed down a non-binding ruling that the 2008 declaration of independence did not violate either international law or United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244.