Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- EC-JRC: GDO Analytical Report: Drought in southern Angola - October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
Humanitarian Mine Action and the Nairobi Summit
At just 32 years old, Jose Brinco should be in the prime of his life. Instead, he is a victim of Angola's most horrifying legacy of war - landmines.
In 1994, a young Brinco and his wife were working hard in their maize fields. When he stepped on the anti-personnel mine, it was inevitable that his wife should try to help him. She didn't make it.
Much has been said about the disparity in the world's response to the crisis in Kosovo and to equally desperate situations in other regions, particularly in Africa.
Minh T. Vo, Special to The Christian Science Monitor
UNITED NATIONS, N.Y.