Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
UNICEF launched in January 2005 its Humanitarian Action Report (HAR) in favour of 33 countries in crisis, including all CAP countries.
The following is an update on the funding situation in each of the HAR countries. The appeal figures are the original HAR appeals, and wherever the HAR appeal has been raised in light of an aggravating emergency situation or crisis, this has been noted in the text. The funding status (1) of these countries should then be seen in light of their increased humanitarian needs.
Eastern and Southern Africa
As G8 Prepare to Meet, UNICEF Urges Rich Nations to Increase Funding to Silent Emergencies
NEW YORK, 14 June 2005 - Midway through the year some of Africa's most intractable emergencies are seriously under funded.
GENEVA, 26 January 2005 - UNICEF
today appealed for more than $750 million to help millions of children
struggling to survive conflicts and other emergencies in countries around
the world, saying that the tsunami had shown that people care deeply about
children in desperate situations but are often not aware of them.