Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- Govt. Angola: More than 200,000 children to be vaccinated against polio in Angola. 13 Jul 2019
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: Angola: Inter-Agency Operational Update (1 – 31 May 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- UNHCR: 3Ws Lunda Norte – Who is doing What and Where (8 July 2019). 12 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: MPLA parliamentary group assesses drought in Huíla. 4 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Biometric Registration Update as of 08 July 2019. 12 Jul 2019
September 8, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development today signed a US$10 million loan agreement with the Republic of Angola to help rehabilitate and expand the 300-bed Luanda Hospital. Located in Palanca, 10km from Luanda City, the hospital was originally constructed as a unit for tuberculosis patients. The project will upgrade it to a provincial facility for general health care.
54/2005 April 26, 2005, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development today signed three grant agreements, totaling US$4.2 million, with the World Health Organization (WHO), the Arab Organization for Agricultural Development (AOAD) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
The US$3.5 million grant to WHO will co-finance a joint OPEC Fund/WHO Project on Integrating HIV/AIDS Treatment in Health Systems in Africa. Participating countries are Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Lesotho.
June 16, 2004 - Vienna, Austria -
Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development today signed a US$9.39 million loan agreement with the Republic of Angola to help finance a scheme to reform the country's education system, placing a special emphasis on boosting the quality of learning and providing job skills training for youth and adolescents.
After years of civil unrest, Angola has placed a high priority on meeting its educational needs, particularly along the country's western coast, which is home to some four million displaced people.