Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- OCHA: Southern Africa: Humanitarian Key Messages, December 2019. 6 Dec 2019
- ECHO: Angola - Flash floods update (Civil Protection of Angola, NOAA-CPC, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 08 January 2020). 10 Jan 2020
- ECHO: Angola - Flash flood (Government of Angola, FloodList, NOAA-CPC, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 08 January 2020). 8 Jan 2020
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- OCHA: UN Resident Coordinator calls for urgent support to Angola to address rising humanitarian needs [EN/PT]. 9 Dec 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 4.9 percent to a record 2 232 million tonnes, considerably up from earlier predictions after better than expected results from the major harvests gathered in the past two months.
- Based on the latest production forecast, a significant improvement in the global supply and demand balance for cereals in the 2008/09 season can be expected.