Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- World Vision: The number of people affected by hunger in southern Africa ‘will stretch around the world’. 10 Nov 2019
- FAO: As climate shocks intensify, UN food agencies urge more support for southern Africa’s hungry people. 31 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Angola Repatriation Update #4. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: UNICEF Angola Humanitarian Situation Report July to September, Quarter 3 2019. 4 Nov 2019
Angola. The war in Angola continues to create acute humanitarian needs. The funding situation has improved and access by road has sporadically been possible, thus some humanitarian assistance is being delivered. High prevalences of malnutrition among children under five have been recorded in the besieged cities of Huambo, Malange and Kuito.
RNIS Update - July 1999 HIGHLIGHTS
Angola. The recent insecurity in Angola continues to create massive humanitarian needs. Surveys and assessments have confirmed the critical nutritional situation. Humanitarian assistance is severely hampered due to reduced access caused by insecurity. Many of the cities in the Central Highlands are experiencing near siege-like conditions. An influx of IDPs into the provincial capitals has created public health crises affecting both the resident and displaced populations.