Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: The end of cattle's paradise: How land diversion for ranches eroded food security in the Gambos, Angola. 15 Oct 2019
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Deadly serious' funding gap and need to implement strategies consistently
Independent Monitoring Board report
In particular, the IMB expresses concern at the situations in DR Congo, Chad and Angola, and the continuing increase in cases in Pakistan.
The IMB underscores '7 important positive signs' which - if achieved by end 2011 - would affirm that the programme is back on track to interrupt all polio transmission by end-2012:
no recurrence of cases in India by end-2011;
The global health community signalled strong commitment to polio eradication this week, underlining the financial needs to finish the job.