Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Cunene records rainfall after 12-month drought. 14 Oct 2019
- WHO: Angola conducts review and validation of data on Neglected Tropical Diseases. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought affects over 200,000 in Huila. 9 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola: Govt reiterates fight against drought in southern region. 4 Oct 2019
On 13 November, the Director-General of WHO accepted the recommendation of an International Health Regulations (IHR) Emergency Committee of Experts on polio that the international spread of polio continues to constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) under the IHR, and extended the existing Temporary Recommendations to prevent the international spread of polio for countries affected by the disease for another 3 months.
A synchronised regional mass polio vaccination campaign in central and western Africa is currently underway to vaccinate nearly 94 million children in 18 countries with oral polio vaccine (OPV).
On 18 September, Nepal became the first GAVI eligible country to introduce inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) into its routine immunization programme. Plans are underway to introduce IPV into the immunization programmes of the 126 countries currently using only oral polio vaccine, ahead of a planned switch from trivalent OPV to bivalent OPV.