Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Govt. Angola: Lunda Norte: Voluntary repatriation of refugees ends. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Over 200,000 children benefit from polio vaccine. 13 Jul 2019
- Govt. Angola: Drought victims receive 320 tons of foodstuff. 12 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: DRC refugees' situation worrying - Official. 5 Sep 2019
- Govt. Angola: Angola assumes responsibility on stay of DRC refugees. 31 Aug 2019
NEW YORK, 15 June -- African participants and beneficiaries of programmes for the disarmament, demobilization and reintegration (DDR) of ex-combatants will meet in Freetown, Sierra Leone, on 21-23 June.
Established as a follow on mission to succeed UNAVEM III , MONUA is to assist the Angolan parties in consolidating peace
and national reconciliation, enhancing confidence-building and creating an environment conducive to long-term stability,
democratic development and rehabilitation of the country. The initial mandate of MONUA will extend to 31 October 1997,
with the expectation that the mission will be completed by 1 February 1998.
The following is an excerpt from "Year in Review - 1996, United Nations Peace Missions" published March 3, 1997.