Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Angola's drought takes heavy toll on children's education. 2 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- AfDB: Angola: African Development Bank approves $1 million grant to children’s food and nutrition security programs. 19 Oct 2019
- Govt. Angola: WHO and UNICEF reiterate support for routine vaccination in Angola. 19 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Where drinking water is a 90-minute walk away. 2 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Angola 18-October-2019. 18 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Angola Country Brief, September 2019. 17 Oct 2019
Angola. The war in Angola continues to create acute humanitarian needs. The funding situation has improved and access by road has sporadically been possible, thus some humanitarian assistance is being delivered. High prevalences of malnutrition among children under five have been recorded in the besieged cities of Huambo, Malange and Kuito.
RNIS Update - July 1999 HIGHLIGHTS
Angola. The recent insecurity in Angola continues to create massive humanitarian needs. Surveys and assessments have confirmed the critical nutritional situation. Humanitarian assistance is severely hampered due to reduced access caused by insecurity. Many of the cities in the Central Highlands are experiencing near siege-like conditions. An influx of IDPs into the provincial capitals has created public health crises affecting both the resident and displaced populations.